Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government – this is called ‘co-investment’. From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training and the Government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum. Small businesses of less than 50 staff won’t pay anything for 16-18 year olds.
WHAT APPRENTICESHIP INCENTIVES ARE AVAILABLE TO ME AFTER 1 MAY 2017?
Employing a 16-18 year old Apprentice
If you take on an apprentice who is aged between 16 and 18 at the start of their Apprenticeship, you will receive £1,000 as a payment to help meet the extra costs of employing them.
Your training provider will claim this on your behalf.
There is also a £1K grant available for:
- Apprentices aged 19-24 who have just left care
- A young person with a health care plan
Control of apprenticeship funding will be put in the hands of employers through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS).
HOW WILL EDUCATION STAR SOLUTIONS HELP ME?
Here at Education Star Solutions (ESS) we work closely with employers to ensure that they maximise all the public funding available.
Step by Step process
- We will work with you using our organisational and training needs analysis tools (ONA/TNA) to identify your current skills gaps and strategy, future skills needs and hard to fill vacancies.
- We then review your current workforce and training budget and look at what is currently eligible to be funded via an apprenticeship.
HOW CAN I DELIVER APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING?
Becoming a Registered Training Provider
You may want to consider becoming a registered training provider.
Here at ESS we are able to guide you through the whole process so that you are able to deliver your own in-house accredited apprenticeship training.
Engaging With Registered Training Providers
You may already be engaging with a training provider or are considering expanding your training provider supply chain network.
ESS is liaising with thousands of training providers and is able to assist and manage the process of identifying the right quality strategic training partners for you that will be the best cultural and organisational fit for your organisation.
IS THERE OTHER FUNDING AVAILABLE TO HELP ME?
YES there is!
The government is continually awarding public funding to accredited training providers to assist companies with their organisational recruitment and training needs.
If you have a current training provider they may not have access to all the many types of funding available to you.
You may be eligible to apply for this funding if you become an accredited training provider.
Alternatively ESS can introduce you to training providers who currently hold different types of funding that have been quality assured and have the best cultural and organisational fit for your organisation.Please click here for details of Funding Available to Employers
HOW ELSE CAN TRAINING PROVIDERS HELP ME?
Whilst not all training is eligible for Government support, it is often the case that the better training providers can incorporate other non funded training (e.g. regulatory courses) into BLENDED LEARNING delivery at NO EXTRA COST to you. This training, whilst not part of apprenticeship accreditation, can still be extremely beneficial to you as an employer and to the apprentice.
Please contact us on 01977 705203 or Get In Touch using the online form if you wish to receive further information.